Larry Jaques

On 22 Sep 2005 05:23:59 GMT, with neither quill nor qualm,
(DoN. Nichols) quickly quoth:

anyone know of a lightweight snap shut weathertight electrical connector?

Hmm ... how many pins do you need? I figure four at a minimum,
common ground (should be heavier than the others), Left turn signal,
Right turn signal, and brake lights.

You misspelled that last one, Don. "Tail" lights, 2 turns, and a
ground are the minimum.

I prefer the dangling 4-prong rubberized connectors which end behind
the bumper. They never drag, never get hurt. Add a longer pigtail to
the trailer side and you're set.

It has been my experience that covers on trailer connectors tend to
increase corrosion and that the cheap flat connectors are the best
value.

William, go here for diagrams:
http://www.etrailer.com/faq/wiring.asp
http://www.etrailer.com/Merchant2/me...uct_Code=18045
Five bucks, but don't use the wire taps. Strip and solder in the
wires, then cover them with black electrical tape.

Alternatively, buy the connector style from http://AutoZone.com/ for
about $16. "Hoppy trailer wire harness." It just plugs into the rear
harness without splicing.

Vehicles with separate turn/stop lights require a converter.
http://www.partsamerica.com/ProductDetail.aspx?categorycode=3208A&mfrcode=REE& mfrpartnumber=74209

* Blessed are those who can * Humorous T-shirts Online
* laugh at themselves, for they * Comprehensive Website Dev.
* shall never cease to be amused * http://www.diversify.com