Koz

Rex B wrote:

On this subject, I bought one of those machinery mover things from
Homier. It's a square frame about 2x2 feet with 2 wheels at the rear.
The front single wheel is on an over-center foot pedal to raise it
into place so the platform will roll. It works pretty slick, but after
about a week under my 55-gallon drum parts washer, it basically fell
apart. I'd like to find a hardier version of that for things like my
tire machine and balancer. I don't think a tire machine would do well
on casters

Any good sources on a better device like the above?

Rex

I found the style you mentioned to be a pain in the neck. The one I have
is heavy enough but I hate the "tilt to move" thing.

Grizzly machine roller bases are pretty danged sturdy but they all use a
screw down system that just isnt enough to keep equipment from moving on
a smooth floor. They probably work better if you have a rough surface.

I have seen the onces where pushing a pedal lowers the wheel (each wheel
seperately) and that seems to be a fairly good system..things don't move
when the wheels are up and levelers are in place while the wheels
aren't. It also seems ot be a little pricey and I doubt they would work
with heavier stuff.

If you find a good balance between sturdy and price, let us all know.
Invent one and people will probably be lining up at your door.