Koz

Rex B wrote:

Grant Erwin wrote:

feenyX2 wrote:

hi all

i need some really heavy duty wheels to roll around my toolbox
can ya all recommend some wheels to me

provide me with website if ya can
my box prolly around a bit over 1000 lbs now
thanks all

http://www.cheapcasters.com I got the 6" steel ones - GWE

Those prices don't look that cheap to me. I've bought casters cheaper
at Northern Tool and at HF. They work fine under my machines.

Rex

Yea, those chinese casters mostly work. Good casters cost though and
there IS a difference (I aint got a clue if cheapcasters are any good
but MSC does have some good ones) Although I do generally go cheap
chinese, there are times when the good USA versions (which DO empty your
wallet) are worth it. I look at it the same way I look at tools in
general: Dollar store tool? Yea maybe for some things that don't
really matter much but a good one I only have to buy once.

A 1000 pound tool box which may be carrying $ 20,000 in tools deserves
some really good casters. Expect to pay about 70 bucks a piece and
expect to be happy with that cost 40 years from now when it is still
rolling just fine.

Koz (who has seen dozens of the cheap casters collapse on cusstomer's
equipment)