Spehro Pefhany

On Thu, 22 Sep 2005 08:33:15 -0700, the renowned Mark
wrote:

Hey, Speff- how about the recent finals, in which the boys' teams'
travel from BC was paid by the association,

That was the US-based Little League. I have a feeling they're a WAY
better run organization than I'm used to.

but the girls' team had
to pay their own way? They both paid the same fees all year...

Not very fair.

and I tried umping several decades ago, but didn't like the abuse
from parents, especially mothers. And that was then - I can't
imagine what it would be like now... / mark on Salt Spring Island BC

Even the 13 year old kids who do it seem to have pretty thick skins. I
tried it during an informal game (can't play, so I umped) and have
much more respect now for the guys who do it.

Best regards,
Spehro Pefhany