Default Planning Application: Late Objection

In article , M
writes
I just went down to the planning department to find out more about the
objection. I was mistaken about the lateness of the objection. It was
actually received weeks ago. It's a pity that no-one told me about it
before.

They don't have to tell you that there has been an objection, the onus
is on you to look in the file, they consider the application, any
objections, put their own slant/spin on it and inform you of the
decision. Objections do mean though that it will go to committee which
is not always the case if there are no objections

I know that making changes will not automatically make the plans acceptable.
However if I am not told what is wrong I can't fix it.

My experience is that its in your interest to keep as close to
proceedings as possible, don't rely on waiting to be informed and try to
keep on good terms with the planning officer, it can pay dividends
--
David