Pop

"TURTLE" wrote in message
:
: "Bill" wrote in message
: . ..
: I have been thinking of buying a deep freezer for the
basement, and I want
: some opinions on the follwing;
:
: 1) How long does food stay good, expecially meats.
: 2) How long does food saty frozen during a power outage?
:
: Thanks
:
:
: This is Turtle.
:
: 1] If meat is vacuumed packed like Edwin said or frozen in
water . they could
: be good for up to 3 or 4 years. If just in a Ziplock bag sealed
up. Ity will
: last maybe a few months.
:
: 2] a chest type freezer full to the top will go up to 7 days
before the food or
: meat becomes bad. Then it will stay frozen enought to refreeze
up to 4 days with
: the lide not opened and letting heat in it. We had a power
outage of 7 days here
: a few years ago and the power staied off for about 4 days
before i bought a
: Generator and put power back on the Chest type freezer and my
freezer staied
: froze & good for that 4 days.
:
: TURTLE
:
:

Ice Storm of '98? About same experience here.