Pop

And it's painfully obvious you're not part of America; and you
must be wayyy into the outback in nz too. Your sig's right; you
are definitely backwards.

"Telstra" wrote in message
: It's a good job the pioneers opened up America becouse if it
had been left
: to pratts like you the whole of America would be living in
Boston
: "kj" wrote in message
: ...
:
:
:
: I was doing a routine lightbulb replacement in the recessed
ceiling
: fixture in my entrance hallway when the top of the bulb
sheared
: off cleanly from the threaded metal part. Great.
:
: I yanked off the bulb, but now the metal part is stuck in
there,
: so I have a useless fixture. This would be a pain under any
: circumstance, but the fact that the socket is recessed makes
it
: impossible to stick a pair of pliers in there to attempt to
unscrew
: the metal part.
:
: The housing for the fixture is attached to the socket, so
even if
: I managed to pry it out, I still would not be able to access
the
: socket with pliers. I suppose I will have to pull the
housing out,
: cut the wire, and replace it with a new housing, splicing the
wire
: coming off the new housing into the cut end.
:
: Am I on the right track here? If so, what do I have to do to
remove
: the housing. After working at it for a while I didn't get
very
: far at all. One would think that one has to rip the ceiling
: get that housing out, but I can't believe the system would be
that
: stupid.
:
: How does one fix a situation like this, without ripping out a
big
: chunk of ceiling?
:
: Thanks!
:
: kj
:
: --
: NOTE: In my address everything before the first period is
backwards;
: and the last period, and everything after it, should be
discarded.
:
: