TURTLE

"Bill" wrote in message
. ..
I have been thinking of buying a deep freezer for the basement, and I want
some opinions on the follwing;

1) How long does food stay good, expecially meats.
2) How long does food saty frozen during a power outage?

Thanks

This is Turtle.

1] If meat is vacuumed packed like Edwin said or frozen in water . they could
be good for up to 3 or 4 years. If just in a Ziplock bag sealed up. Ity will
last maybe a few months.

2] a chest type freezer full to the top will go up to 7 days before the food or
meat becomes bad. Then it will stay frozen enought to refreeze up to 4 days with
the lide not opened and letting heat in it. We had a power outage of 7 days here
a few years ago and the power staied off for about 4 days before i bought a
Generator and put power back on the Chest type freezer and my freezer staied
froze & good for that 4 days.

TURTLE