Jeff Wisnia

John Keiser wrote:

Yes, I see that replacements ballasts are way more expensive than the whole
fixture. If the DH fixture is a POS, how can I have any confidence that the
more expensive ballast is really anything better? Aren;t they all made in
Mexico? Is there a brand name I should look for?

I've got no favorite brands in mind, but I bet you'll find that the
replacement ballasts are a bit bulkier and heavier than what's in your
fixture now.

I wouldn't be afraid to buy one and try it. It's not that big a deal to
swap it in, and at worst, you could return it where you bought it.

One last thought. If you haven't already tried a different pair of
bulbs, do so. I'm not hopeful, but you never know with things like "hard
starting" flourecents, and it's easy to try.

Jeff

--
Jeffry Wisnia

(W1BSV + Brass Rat '57 EE)