Edwin Pawlowski

wrote in message
There is a leak in the pipes (bath tub area) inside the walls and is
dripping to the first floor. This could be serious and cost a lot of
money to repair.

Can anyone pls tell me what is the warranty for for such pipe leaks ?

Depends on the builder and what was offered. There should be some paperwork
regaring warranty. I doubt it is 8 years though.

We tried recaulking the bath tub ...but it did not help.

Recaulking does not fix leaking pipes.

Is the builder responsible for this ?

Probably not after all this time. Stuff happens. things wear out. This is
part of home ownership.

What is the law with respect to home builders and plumbing/leaks/
related warranties ? is it 10 years ?

Never heard of such a thing. What did the warranty say from the builder?
Usually only major stgructural defects would be covered.

In speaking with the HomeBuilders they brushed us off ...saying the
warranty is only a year or so.

Do we stand on legally strong grounds ?

I don't think so.
Check out http://www.hobb.org/warrantyfaq.shtml