SQLit

see body of text

wrote in message
oups.com...
Urgent ..Please help...

I am writing regarding a home in the Bay Area, CA.

My sister bought it NEW about 8 years ago.

There is a leak in the pipes (bath tub area) inside the walls and is
dripping to the first floor. This could be serious and cost a lot of
money to repair.

Can anyone pls tell me what is the warranty for for such pipe leaks ?

Probably none after 8 years. Do you know what material was used for the
water system?
There are some recovery methods for certain types of PVC flexable tubing.

We tried recaulking the bath tub ...but it did not help.

Leak inside the wall and you caulked the tub, your joking

Is the builder responsible for this ?

Probably not after 8 years, what does the contract say

What is the law with respect to home builders and plumbing/leaks/
related warranties ? is it 10 years ?

What does the contract say? Where I live the structure is the only thing
guarnteed beyond 2 years.

In speaking with the HomeBuilders they brushed us off ...saying the
warranty is only a year or so.

Do we stand on legally strong grounds ?

Your stand on the fault line, not strong at all.

Call a plumber ASAP and get the leak fixed. BEFORE it causes thousands of
dollars in damage.