3T39

Hello, Morten!
You wrote on Thu, 22 Sep 2005 15:47:11 +0200:

MK My 5 year old monitor has suddenly started losing focus/becomes blurry
MK about one hour after I turn it on. A switch off/on cycle will restore
MK the picture to former glory for about 5-10 minutes.

MK The loss of focus/blurriness is uniform all over the screen. The last
MK few days before the problem started, the monitor would emit a clicking
MK noise and a short flicker could be seen across the screen. This can't
MK be heard/seen anymore, so I'm guessing that this component burned out
MK and now causes my problem.

MK Any ideas, is it fixable for a small amount of money or is it ready
MK for the scrap heap?

It might be a failing line transformer, but the first thing to check is the
CRT panel for a bad solder joint where the focus lead is connected,.
Be sure to follow the safety procedures outlined here
http://repairfaq.ece.drexel.edu/ regarding discharging the CRT.

With best regards, 3T39. E-mail: