Morten Kammen

Default Dell 19" Trinitron, loss of focus

I tried to search this group for my problem, but didnt find any
matches, maybe because my problem description is somewhat lacking in
correct terminology :-)

My 5 year old monitor has suddenly started losing focus/becomes blurry
about one hour after I turn it on. A switch off/on cycle will restore
the picture to former glory for about 5-10 minutes.

The loss of focus/blurriness is uniform all over the screen. The last
few days before the problem started, the monitor would emit a clicking
noise and a short flicker could be seen across the screen. This can't
be heard/seen anymore, so I'm guessing that this component burned out
and now causes my problem.

Any ideas, is it fixable for a small amount of money or is it ready
for the scrap heap?

regards
Morten Kammen