IMM

Default Automatic water pressure maintainer for combi boiler system?

"Frank W" wrote in message
On Tue, 19 Aug 2003 21:51:50 +0100, Andy Hall
wrote:

It would be a good idea to find out and fix why the pressure is
dropping. If this is an ongoing occurence, you may have a leak
producing enough moisture to set up the conditions for rotting of the
timbers of the house, and that can be very expensive to fix.

Andy, It currently needs topping up about once a month whan the system
is in use. Is that excessive? I cannot find any leaks in the plumbing,
but I haven't taken the floorboards up to check hitten pipe joints.

There are such things, but they are relatively expensive for what they
are in order to comply with water regulations.

Any idea how expensive? Would it be possible to something up using a
one-way valve and some sort of pressure operated valve?

The reason I'm interested in this idea is because I want to rent my
house out and go away for a long period. I don't want to have to rely
on the tenants to keep the pressure adjusted... Chances are they'd
just not bother - or forget...

If you rent it out you need a CORGI landlords certificate. He will fail the
combi. Get it fixed.

---