"no(SPAM)vasys" wrote:

Apparently you've never used a good miter saw. I've made 12 sided
polygons that fit together "perfectly" (quotes to indicate nothing is
perfect) without the pieces needing any touch up. The miter saw is a
Makita LS1013.

At the time I was looking for a solid, non-disposable saw. Other than
the accuracy (which nailshooter has given me some hope that I can
improve) I'd definitely still say it's a good saw.

I'm not sure any miter saw is really marketed or designed as a
heirloom-quality-furniture-making saw... they generally seem to be a
construction-grade items. Sometimes, though, I guess you get lucky.