Thanks for your reply --- that is my saw, and that's exactly what's
wrong with the right side. I didn't try the bigger hammer approach
though, I'll try being a little less subtle :-)

I actually figured there was some deeper reasoning DeWalt had by
factory adjusting it that way that I couln't fathom (like, maybe, it has
dual use as a jointer fence)

I'm usually pretty careful with it, but I loaned it to to a guy to lay
a few kilofeet of maple flooring and it came back with the yellow
plastic "throat plate" in the middle all cut to shreds by the blade...
how's that for *massive* blade deflection?

Didn't seem to hurt the saw, but the blade was "consumed" ... I'm sure
it didn't help that it was the 25-year Aluminum Oxide coated stuff.

Which is a good tip... I always keep a good supply of trashy blades
(usually the ones the machine comes with) just in case someone wants
to borrow your stuff. I always manage to get myself into situations
where I can't just say no, so this is the next best thing :-)

wrote:

My 10" DeWalt is actually one of the few DeWalt tools I like. I came
reasonably square from Taiwan, and it has plenty of adjustment screws
and room. However... the right side of the pivot base on the one I
bought was around 1/64" out of whack no matter how I tried to square
it. Finally after adjusting, testing, aligning, etc. for about two
hours I went to my shop and got a large wood mallet, set a 2x4 across
the offending offset and smacked it a couple of times.

It is now square, I am happy to report. It will stay that way until
someone knocks it over, or jams it up when they let the material move
while cutting, or forgets and tosses it in the truck bed at the end of
the day instead of in the front seat with me.