Jon Anderson

Dave Hinz wrote:

Same here. It's one of those toys that seems like more trouble and cost
than it's worth, but being a scientific type person I can't help but
want to learn about.

I used to have a match grade heavy barrel Remington .22, forget the
exact model. I found this thing was almost silent shooting .22 standard
velocity shorts. CB caps were even quiter.

I have some BB caps (.22 cal ball and primer, no powder) and these are
quieter in my Winchester rifle than my .177 caliber pellet rifle.

You can shoot quietly at low cost. Finding low velocity shorts, CB and
BB caps can be difficult though. The BB caps I have are
Flobert-Patronen, made in Germany by Dynamil Nobel.

Jon