John R. Carroll

Dave Hinz wrote:
On Wed, 21 Sep 2005 15:32:43 GMT, John R. Carroll
wrote:
Dave Hinz wrote:

No, I'm serious. Maybe people would buy nice wood for their ARs. I
know I would.

I have a customer in the NE that makes gun stocks. I'll see if they make
anything.
If not, and you want to aquire a custom, we might be able to make that
happen.
I am looking at the Linux thing BTW. Weber is already their but I haven't
looked over their product and besides them there isn't much else.
I will keeo you posted. A couple of very interesting stories to tell
already. This is getting more consideration than I would have thought.

You'd be an idiot to dick around with any sort of ATF offense.

This once I'll let you speak for me Dave :) You are exactly right.

Nothing I have any interest in as a civilian and the days when I
would fool around with this stuff under arms are long over. YMMV.

I would have enjoyed being an armorer, I think. Ah well...twiddling
bits pays well too...

I made a titanium frame and carbon fiber slide with inserts for my DE 50.
Colt would be proud.
The 50 cal is nice but heavy. I cut the weight and changed the balance
nicely. Even built in a brake that works.
You wouldn't believe the **** I had to go through to do it. Good thing I
have a couple of Mfgrs as customers.
I would not have done it otherwise. The paper was as much work as the
machining. I'd guess it's a ten thousand dollar piece at this point.

--
John R. Carroll
Machining Solution Software, Inc.