Percival P. Cassidy

On 09/16/05 11:32 pm Oscar_Lives tossed the following ingredients into
the ever-growing pot of cybersoup:

I just picked up a used washing machine to replace the one that died.
This new machine has a suds-saver, which means two drain hoses. It
came from a house with a laundry tub in the basement. The problem is
that my house does not have a basement or a laundry tub. The washer
and dryer are in a utility room with a wooden floor. Instead of a
laundry tub, there is just a piece of PVC in the wall to drain into.
Obviously not large enough for 2 washer drain hoses. While I know
plumbing and know how I could put a Tee on the pipe, I am asking if
there is a way to just plug the suds-saver hose on the wash machine,
since it wont be used anyhow. Does anyone know? Or, is there some
sort of adaptor or other device made for this? I am sure others have
had this same problem.

Did you read the manual?

Since he bought it used, he might not have a manual for it.

I'd forgotten all about suds-saver washers. Are they no longer made? Or
was it a regional thing? -- I know them from Australia but have never
seen one in the US.

Perce