calhoun

"dean" wrote in message
ups.com...
I'm considering rasing a garage doorway, and need to cut the wooden
panelling outside just above the doorway. That much I could do myself,
but I wonder about the white coated aluminum sheet (sorry I forgot what
its called) that finishes the sides and top. Do I call someone for
this, are machines used to fold the edges, or what?

Thanks!

Dean

Machine is called a brake, it can be rented at tool rental places.
Aluminum sheet is called coil stock. It is sold in various widths (24" most
common) and colors and comes in 50' long rolls. Siding suppliers have the
best selection of colors but any big box will have white.
You have determined that the wood above the door you are going to cut is not
the header that holds up the garage?