Bruce Barnett

Mark & Juanita writes:

While I understand that shipping prices are going to rise, trying
to hide those changes is not really very up-front with customers.

I wonder if this is part of the plan to get everyone purchase Amazon
Prime memberships. Not only are tools taking longer to ship, so are
books. I just placed an order for books with free shipping, and it
will take 3 weeks for them to arrive.

Step 1) Offer Amazon Prime
Step 2) Delay Shipping

Add
*) Remove rebates
*) Increase prices
and that's a sure way to increase profits.

This increase in tool prices aren't done in a vacuum. The current
Amazon policy is that if you find a brick & mortar store or catalog
with a lower price, they will match it plus 10%.
(i.e. this does not apply to a web site).

I'm wondering if they are beefing up their quarter's profits, so
'round Christmas time, they can drop prices again.

I was surprised that those books I ordered weren't as low cost as they
used to be.

I ordered 3 PB books w/$7 list price, and they only knocked the price
done a total of $1.40 off list.