raden

In message , Sam Nelson
writes
In article .com,
writes:

Sam Nelson wrote:
In article ,
Battery-powered TVs do not need a licence. Years back, I knew
someone whose
sole TV was a 12" B/W portable next to which sat the car battery
that powered
it. Of course, he'd then charge the car battery from the mains...

Wrong! They can be used away from home if you already have a license
for a TV at home. I used to believe a student could use a battery
powered TV if their parents had a license but even that doesn't seem to
be true anymore.

ISTR this subject was done to death here a few months ago and is all on
the TV licensing website, somewhere.

Doesn't surprise me. But I could've sworn there was an exemption for
battery power---although I never understood why.

So that happy caravanners could watch coronation street

--
geoff