Tom MacIntyre

On 21 Sep 2005 06:31:55 -0700, "
wrote:

Set came in with the usual complaints: "goes snowy, and sometimes a
vertical problem". Customer said that the set was never worked on so I
figured I would do the tuner sheild and that would be it. I found that
the soldering had in fact been done at some point and it actually
looked pretty good. I have seen this repair done before on a
symptomatic set and after re soldering the problem was resolved. I
understand that there is a "template" for this repair, but I have
never used it and have not had any problems with returns. I redid all
the points on this set and reinstalled the chassis. I noted that
tapping on the top of the tuner causies an intermittent loss of RF. I
opened it back up and re did the sheilds as well as all the points on
the board within the tuner area. I must be missing something but I
can't for the life of me see what it is. I still have intermittent RF.
Has anyone seen this before? Thanks, Lenny Stein, Barlen Electronics.

Jumper wires done also?

Tom