exposejoh

Zenith Sentry 2 and System 3 TVs went way downhill in the mid 80s through
early 90s. The CRTs only lasted about 5 years on average under normal use.
I'd just go out and buy a new set. Don't know how many of these TVs I've
seen playing in thrift stores with a nice white horizontal line across them.

If the CRT alternates now and then between a good full picture and white
horizonal line, then like the other poster said it's a bad resistor in the
vertical circuits... but many TV repair shops don't want to check or mess
with this problem and tell the owner it's still due to a bad CRT.

"Barry" wrote in message
ups.com...

I have a Zenith Sentry 2 TV thats broken. It's model number SLS2049S
made in 1993.
When it's turned on there is only a white horizontal line across the
screen.