Andy Cuffe

On 21 Sep 2005 01:38:54 -0700, "Barry" wrote:

I have a Zenith Sentry 2 TV thats broken. It's model number SLS2049S
made in 1993.
When it's turned on there is only a white horizontal line across the
screen.

I've looked at the circuit board and I don't see and obvious bad solder
connections.
How can I fix it?
Since I'm inexperienced with soldering and electronic parts, please be
specific.

These sets had a resistor in series with the power supply to the
vertical circuit that tended to open. A lot of the time it was the
only thing wrong. Bad soldering on the vertical IC was also common.

These sets also had very poor CRT life. I wouldn't bother paying
anyone to look at it because it will probably not last long.