Rick Cox

If you ever get a chance you should check out his work.
He has a picture of a bow clock he designed and made with the Central Ohio
Woodturners for the AAW event. He also has a kalediscope in the latest issue
of woodcraft mag.

"mac davis" wrote in message
Well, the Beale buffing "system" came last night...

My wife had ordered the buffing system from Penn State Ind. and was VERY
unhappy
with it... worked for hours on a bowl and poor results..
Chaz confirmed my fear that it was underpowered... he said that it might
work
well for pens, but that was about it..

I set up the Bale adapter on the Shopsmith... seemed like a good platform
for it
and the beale adapter slips right on and the set screws are perfect..

The wife got home and put the 1st buffing wheel on and did a few minutes
on a
pine bowl that had Danish Oil on it... She was AMAZED at how much shine
the bowl
took on after just a few minutes.. She loves the Beale already and hasn't
even
tried the cleaning or waxing wheels yet.. lol

To those that are considering buffing systems, do it right the FIRST time
and
buy the beale... Might be a coincidence, but both the Penn State system
and the
Beale are $70... the beale comes without a motor, IMO the Penn State one
should,
too.. YMMV

mac

Please remove splinters before emailing