Dave Hinz

On 21 Sep 2005 12:46:21 -0700, Larry Fishel wrote:

Far as I know, it's a letter from the local SO stating that you're not a
schmuck (no problem there), and pay your tax stamp to the boys in the
sunglasses, and you're good to go. I just have better things to do with
that 200 dollars, for something that would essentially be a pointless
toy. (I have 30 acres in a rural part of Wisconsin, and the neighbors
don't mind when I shoot - more than once, they've come over to join in).

That's to BUY one. IIRC, you need a manufacturer's license to make your
own...

Could be. No interest either way, so I haven't looked into the details.