Robert Swinney

"Dave Hinz" wrote in message
On Wed, 21 Sep 2005 14:50:40 GMT, John R. Carroll
wrote:
Dave Hinz wrote:

Same here. It's one of those toys that seems like more trouble and
cost
than it's worth, but being a scientific type person I can't help but
want to learn about.

Should you ever decide to indulge your curiosity start with a CAR-15.

(thinks)... Oddly, enough, I don't have one of those. I wonder how that
happened? Pretty sure it's because I like a nice walnut stock, and for
reasons I don't understand, I haven't seen anyone sell those for the AR.
Maybe that's a market?

You
can build a good suppressor cheaply and subsonic rounds are easy to load
or
just purchase and even if you don't the thing will be very quiet. The
sound
is also difficult to recognize if you haven't heard it before but it will
really get your attention if you have.

I'd have to check with the people in the ATF and my local SO before I'd
consider rolling my own silencer. They're not complex, but I'd need to
make sure everything is cool before I did anything resembling that.

One of the underground publications had silencer plans using automotive
shock absorber bodies for the cases.

Bob Swinney