Larry Fishel

I'd have to check with the people in the ATF and my local SO before
I'd
consider rolling my own silencer. They're not complex, but I'd need
make sure everything is cool before I did anything resembling that.

I think you would find the process a little onerous but I could be wrong. I
just don't know your tolerance level for whatever bureaucratic falderal is
involved to make any pronouncement. I am sure you would have to jump through
hoops.

Far as I know, it's a letter from the local SO stating that you're not a
schmuck (no problem there), and pay your tax stamp to the boys in the
sunglasses, and you're good to go. I just have better things to do with
that 200 dollars, for something that would essentially be a pointless
toy. (I have 30 acres in a rural part of Wisconsin, and the neighbors
don't mind when I shoot - more than once, they've come over to join in).

That's to BUY one. IIRC, you need a manufacturer's license to make your
own...