Artemia Salina

On Mon, 19 Sep 2005 15:28:38 -0700, Grant Erwin wrote:

Normal chuck removal procedu chuck a 1' long piece of 2x4 so it sticks
sideways out the jaws. Put the lathe in backgear and strike the 2x4 once hard,
in the direction to unscrew the lathe. It should free it.

Maybe I'm doing it wrong, but I always use the key inserted in one of
the sockets. I only need to give either of my chucks a gentle tug to
break them loose. I've never had a need to do it, but what if you
want to keep a workpiece mounted in the chuck (as in to move it
over to a dividing head on a milling machine)?