Bob Eager

On Wed, 21 Sep 2005 14:12:43 UTC, (Sam Nelson) wrote:

Wrong! They can be used away from home if you already have a license
for a TV at home. I used to believe a student could use a battery
powered TV if their parents had a license but even that doesn't seem to
be true anymore.

ISTR this subject was done to death here a few months ago and is all on
the TV licensing website, somewhere.

Doesn't surprise me. But I could've sworn there was an exemption for
battery power---although I never understood why. Oh well. The above story
is true, though, and that was the reason claimed.

Quote from the TV Licensing website:

Q. "Aren't I covered by my parents' licence while I'm away?"

A. "No. Unless your TV is powered by internal batteries, such as a
pocket-sized TV."

So you were effectively correct (so was I, when I said the same
earlier).

http://laminateflooring.oncloud8.com