Bob Eager

On Wed, 21 Sep 2005 12:46:04 UTC, Richard Conway wrote:

And in case anyone is misled by your other comment - a TV card in a PC
requires a licence.

Would a USB TV card running on a laptop on battery power be a special
case? I can't remember what difference it makes, but I remember there's
something about battery poweed TVs.

I'm pretty sure the pocket 4" TVs are exempt. I suppose it would be
pretty sketchy on the laptop - what if you were using it in the park?

You need a licence unless:

a) You are living 'away from home' and your parents have a licence AND
b) The TV is wholly powered by self contained batteries wholly contained
within it.

(I've written guidance notes for students in a hall of residence...!)
http://laminateflooring.oncloud8.com