tarquinlinbin

On Wed, 21 Sep 2005 07:52:03 +0100, mark harrison
wrote:

This is my first post so i apologise up front.
My parents live in a 1960 detatched house, they intend to replace the
central heating boiler (Glow worm hideaway circa 1982) with either a
combi or a condensing boiler.

Mark,
as usual you will read a tirade of comments slagging off BG. There is
good and bad everywhere and it is unfair to say that BG rip off all
their customers/do crap jobs etc etc blah blah blah. This equally
applies to independant contractors. The whole area is a minefield and
you really do need to be sure that you are comparing like with like
both in the equipment quoted for,the skill and ability of the
installation team and the back up/service.

I have no particular axe to grind save for the fact that i worked for
BG from 1980 until 1995 and installed heating for them most of the
time.

Flushing of some description,prior to new instllation,is certainly
adviseable. It doesnt necessarily have to be a powerflush job
though,just get some Sentinel X400 or similar and put it in the
system, let it run round for a week or so then flush out.

Always get a series of quotes but as i said,make sure your comparing
like with like!

joe

Be a good Global citizen-CONSUMECONFORMOBEY

Circumcision- A crime and an abuse.
http://www.sexuallymutilatedchild.org/