Richard Faulkner

In message , mark harrison
writes

This is my first post so i apologise up front.
My parents live in a 1960 detatched house, they intend to replace the
central heating boiler (Glow worm hideaway circa 1982) with either a
combi or a condensing boiler.
They have been in touch with BG and got a date for one of there
engineers to come round and access the best option for them.
I read with some concern that they need to powerflsh the system
initially at a cost i hear of up to £1k, then replace the boiler. My
parents want the TRV's and controller relacing as well.
Any ideas of cost we should be looking at? (The system presently has 10
radiators).
Should we wait and see what they quote and then get the local heating
firm to come in as well ??
The reason for this work is that they need to remove the hot water
cylinder to create space in the bathroom and replace it with a shower
cubicle (health reasons) and the existing boiler is unpredictable.

Thanks in advance

Mark

I wouldnt touch British Gas with a bargepole - their prices are almost
at Rogue Trader levels.

Make sure you get a few quotes, and have it done by someone who is
recommended.

--
Richard Faulkner