JR North

Well, clearly we aren't talking about the same model. The mode sw is
wired into a small board under the main board. This board also has a
micro switch on it on the underside. There is no way to unsolder the (3)
mode sw wires from it without removing the deck. Which brings me back to
my original q: how to remove the ribbon cables from their terminals?
JR

sofie wrote:
JR North:
Without removing the deck from the cabinet you can easily service the mode
switch...... unscrew the bottom board, unsolder the 5 contacts to the mode
switch, gently lift up the edge of the board and completely remove the mode
switch.... it can then be snapped apart, contacts cleaned and increase the
spring tension on the contacts by gently and slightly bending each one.
Reinstall and resolder the connections. The good news is that the Emerson
mode switch has a small protrusion that fits in a hole on the cam gear so it
can not be mis-timed.
Again.... you DO NOT have to remove the deck to do this service or just
about any other service on the 755..