ha escrito:

Hi,

The VCR quit playing tapes (all of them), but the sound still works.
When fast forwarding, the picture is crystal clear (except for the
normal static bar). When I switch from fast-forward to play, the
picture goes to 3/4 static (where I can still make out the picture,
which is no longer fast-forwarding), for a half-second (or less),
before going to full static, then just blue.

snip

if you aren't sure on how to clean the heads manually, then just get a
new 3 hour tape, recorded on or not, doesnt matter, and leave it
playing through till the end. This works mostly for light clogs but you
never know in your case it may work also. The dirt works itself out
eventually due probably in part to the mildly abrasive nature of the
videotape. worth a go!
-Ben