Sam Goldwasser

writes:

I have a comment regarding the Sony service manual for the

CPD-200GS.
On page 2-2 it recommends shorting the anode and the anode cap to
chassis ground or aquadag AFTER removing the anode cap! What's more
there's a diagram that indicates one should NOT slide a screwdriver
under the rubber cap.

Sony's been making CRTs for a long time so it seems strange they

would
recommend a dangerous procedure like that. Any cracks or pinholes

in
the rubber and you could wind up getting quite a jolt.

It does seem strange.

Perhaps they were worried about scratching the CRT? The glass is
relatively
thin in that area.....

--- sam | Sci.Electronics.Repair FAQ Mirror:
http://repairfaq.ece.drexel.edu/
Repair | Main Table of Contents:
http://repairfaq.ece.drexel.edu/REPAIR/
+Lasers | Sam's Laser FAQ:
http://repairfaq.ece.drexel.edu/sam/lasersam.htm
| Mirror Sites:
http://repairfaq.ece.drexel.edu/REPAIR/F_mirror.html

Important: Anything sent to the email address in the message header
above is
ignored unless my full name is included in the subject line. Or, you
can