dadiOH

Gordon wrote:
We just returned from Southern Lumber in San Jose,
where three experts couldn't decide between Teak,
Walnut and Mahogany ("low probability"). There's
a 40-year old varnish over the wood that makes id
difficult. (The miller said he could tell by the
smell if he cut the piece in half. "No, thanks.")

The following are links to three photos, two of
the top and one of the bottom.

http://webpages.charter.net/slishman/wood1.jpg
http://webpages.charter.net/slishman/wood2.jpg
http://webpages.charter.net/slishman/wood3.jpg

If anyone knows for sure what the kind is,
please share the id and the decisive clues.

Doesn't look like any of them to me. I doubt that any of the three
would be stained and - if not - it certainly isn't teak or mahogany.
Doesn't look like walnut either. Possibly one of the Phillipine
mahoganies stained...?

--
dadiOH

dadiOH's dandies v3.06...