John R. Carroll

Dave Hinz wrote:
On Wed, 21 Sep 2005 14:50:40 GMT, John R. Carroll
wrote:
Dave Hinz wrote:

Should you ever decide to indulge your curiosity start with a CAR-15.

(thinks)... Oddly, enough, I don't have one of those. I wonder how
that
happened? Pretty sure it's because I like a nice walnut stock, and
for
reasons I don't understand, I haven't seen anyone sell those for the
AR.
Maybe that's a market?

LOL

You
can build a good suppressor cheaply and subsonic rounds are easy to
load or just purchase and even if you don't the thing will be very
quiet. The sound is also difficult to recognize if you haven't heard
it before but it will really get your attention if you have.

I'd have to check with the people in the ATF and my local SO before
I'd
consider rolling my own silencer. They're not complex, but I'd need
make sure everything is cool before I did anything resembling that.

I think you would find the process a little onerous but I could be wrong. I
just don't know your tolerance level for whatever bureaucratic falderal is
involved to make any pronouncement. I am sure you would have to jump through
hoops. I can tell you that in California that you would likely do a stretch
if you were caught fooling around like this, especially since 9/11. Even a
first offense as an interested hobbiest. I can't remember the law exactly
but I think it's ten years at the state level and the Feds would no doubt
pile on.
Nothing I have any interest in as a civilian and the days when I would fool
around with this stuff under arms are long over. YMMV.

--
John R. Carroll
Machining Solution Software, Inc.