Noon-Air

X-post stopped

extraneous junk snipped

One last comment. I've bought houses with heat pumps on a number of
occasions. I have never liked them. The air isn't nearly as hot as
produced by combustion appliances. Even though the room may be in the
comfort zone, I always felt chilled and I generally like it colder
than most folks. I've almost always installed some sort of gas heat
to replace the heat pump. I install 'em for people on occasion but I
certainly don't like 'em.

Heat pumps when correctly sized and installed are designed to *maintain* a
constant even temperature. They do not deliver a blast of hot air, they are
not designed for that. Approximately 80% of the systems I install are super
high efficiency(13+ SEER) heat pumps and my customers love them. They are so
quiet, that the owner isn't even aware that the system is running, and
*just* the savings in propane will pay for the new heat pump system very
quickly. Most of these customers are amaised at how comfortable their home
has become with the new heat pump system, and how even the temperature
stays.