Harold and Susan Vordos

wrote in message
I want to minimize the toxicity.
(I realize that copper itself can be toxic)

I'm looking for easy to machine copper.

I'm told that machining pure copper is a bear.

I need the melting point and thermal conductivity of copper.

I'm going to machine away l away 95% of the 4" bar.

Any suggestions?

(I'm the same as the origional poster, just differn home/work account)

You bet your sweet butt I have a suggestion. Unless it won't fit your
requirements, you should explore making your project from leaded phosphor
bronze. It looks a great deal like copper, but machines wonderfully. Pay
special attention to the part that says "leaded". Phosphor bronze without
the lead is a bitch to machine, but it's the nicest material going once it
has that small amount of lead added. For the amount of stock you have to
remove, it would be a very good choice.

Harold