Norminn

clipped

We don't have a plan of the sprinkler system that would show where they
were installed originally. Nor is there anything to indicate by whom
they were installed, so we can't go back to the installer (if it wasn't
in fact a DIY job) for information.

Any bright ideas for a means of locating buried sprinkler heads?

Perce

How old is the home? Sprinkler installed at construction? If you check
with your local code folks, there may be a permit for the installation
and the contractor may have the plan. I'm an optimist ) If a smaller
town, the brand name of the components might be a clue for finding the
installer in the yellow pages, if done by contractor. Our system has an
old, old sticker on it.

One non-operating head may just be broken or plugged. Take it off and
put on a new one....take care not to let dirt get into the line. Heads
can be purchased without a spray head for the purpose of purging the
line before you put on the spray head. Whilst you have your excavation
open, trace the pipe by line of sight and look for heads covered by
grass. Down here in FL, St. Augustine grass could easily grow over a
head, or accumulated grass clippings also. Unless you have an oddly
shaped lot, the heads should be pretty regularly spaced, so's you know
where to look.