Todd Fatheree

"NotMe" wrote in message ...
"Todd Fatheree" wrote:

People took Mr. Reagan seriously, he was an actor, not a very good

actor
but an actor none the less.

And a great president.

People take Mr. Bush seriously, he's a failed oil company exec.,

failed
baseball team exec. perhaps the worst president in the history of the

United States and he seems to think that god directs him personally.

Let's see. He and a group of investors bought the Rangers in 1989 for

$86
million. In 1998, they sold it for $250 million. Sounds successful to

me.

Yea he nailed a 5% (very) minority interest in the team as part of a deal
for his daddy's political connections. Without that 'success' he's

batting
zero on every other business deal he has had his hands on.

I realize it isn't quite as good as turning $1000 into $100,000 in 10 months
investing in cattle futures, but I guess his investors with have to settle
for only tripling their investment over 8 years.

todd