SonomaProducts.com wrote:
You will get some disagreement with the following opinion but this is
cyberspace and we all get to speak with impunity.

possible and sand, sand, sand. Bottom line first; I have just had too
many heartbreaks with bad cuts from a miter saw to ever want to use
them for anything as accurate as a fine piece of furniture; crown
molding 5 feet over my head, sure, but not furniture (insert flames
here.)

Couldn't agree more... a chop saw is virtually useless for anything
that needs more accuracy than a fence or deck. Not sure why
though... three things I noticed:

- For some reason blade deflection seems to be a big issue, even
with beefy-plated blades. I definitely wouldn't use it with a thin kerf.

- On my dewalt, only the left fence can be made square with the
blade. The right side cannot -- although it's one piece!

- The cut always has saw marks. Don't know why. Might be the same
reason as the first, bearings seem pretty tight and so forth.