Jois

"Guess who" wrote in message
On Mon, 19 Sep 2005 22:18:20 -0400, "Jois"
wrote:

"Angelo Castellano posting" wrote in message
.. .
I need to cut small pieces of wood ( 3/8 x 3/8" square ) with one end

at
an
angle of 20 degrees.

I cut cut the wood to length, but have a tough time cutting the angle.

If you have both a table saw and a mitre saw why not cut the wood 3/8" x
3/8" x3' and use the table saw to cut the 20 degree angle then use the

mitre
saw for a straight cut = one piece made. Trim off the end of the long

piece
to cut the 20 degree angle and back to the mitre saw to make the straight
cut = 2nd piece made, and repeat.

That had been my thought, but then I also thought that no-one in their
right mind would even think of trying to hold down such small pieces
near a saw blade. That is especially so when he says he makes the
angle cut second. So the word "troll" came to mind as well, and I
didn't reply.

I'd be holding the long stick against the mitre fence with my left hand for
both cuts. When finished however many pieces you need you'd still be holding
a long stick - toss the sticks when they get short. I'm guessing the
shortest stick I'd still work on would be 8" or more.

Josie