Edwin Pawlowski

"HMFIC-1369" Baa wrote in message
news:FaTXe.3453$yN1.2705@trnddc03...
I've completed the disassembly of a mirrored wall in a "dining room". The
attached kitchen is pretty much all white and stainless. with a reddish
floor tile also used in the dining room. I was thinking initially of doing
it in a natural cherry stain. I'm wondering if it'll make it to
"steakhouseish". White would also work. If I use the stain will it make
the
room "larger"

? and is there a method of Wainscoting to make the room "Appear Larger".
Basically, The Wall is 138", I sheathed the wall in 3/8 Maple with 4 equal
partitions spaced by 4x1" Maple. Would thicker or thinner make much of a
difference?

Lighter = larger
Stain is nice, paint is nice. Cherry can look very rich against white or
SS. All depends on the rest of the decor and colors. Lots of personal
preference also.

Thinner partitions will make it look larger, but too thin looks out of place
too.