Mike Berger

If you're referring to the DW705S vs. the DW706, I believe the
former has a gear drive and the latter a belt drive. So even
if you don't need the double bevel action, you might prefer the
drive and the balance (since it's mounted behind the blade
rather than along side).

Doug wrote:
I just bought a dewalt 12" single bevel compound miter saw, my
craftsman was just not staying accurate. I'm starting to wonder though
if I should get a dual bevel. I'm relatively new to furniture
building. Is there anything that I can't do with this saw that I could
do with the compound bevel? Is the advantage just convenience?