blueman writes:
As your next step in turning back the wheels of progress, try doing
your laundry on an old washerboard... much more satisfying than
putting it all in those nice new sexy front-loaders

now you know that's not all there is to it.
working with a finely tuned hand tool can be rewarding.

Sure, I'd have fun with a CNC 3D router, but there is something
satisfying about plaining/sawing/etc wood by hand.

Personally, I'd enjoy the lack of noise more than anything else.
I sometimes use my reel mower when it's too early for me to be
disturbing my neighbors. (before 9am in my book)

I sometimes wish my neighbors and their guests (honking horns) were as
considerate.

*Those* are the times i wish i had a nicely tuned scythe.

--
be safe.
flip