Peter Sheppard wrote:
Firstly the wood burner is being installed by a qualified HETAS
engineer, so that is all under control.

It will be used to drive the central heating system and hot water.

snip

I appreciated you have already committed yourself to this configuration
but I will warn you, based on experience, that it does not work
whatever the stove seller says.

The problem is that the amount of heat you require to drive the CH
system requires the stove to be driven hard, and because the water
jacket does not totally encapsulate the flame as in a gas or oil
burner, there is a large amount of heat leakage with the result that
the room the stove is in gets uncomfortably hot. I considered using
hot air extraction and circulation to get round this but in the end
opted for an oil burner with the wood stove operating in parallel
through a mixer tank.

I will admit that I have never bothered with a bleed radiator and in 25
years have never had a problem.

Rob