we bought a new one,and just repalced the front panel,still the fuses
kept blowing as soon as they are put in.
we thought that the new panel we bought could have been a dud so we got
another one, but still the same. on the back of the detachable front
panel are small pins, and above the second one in fron the left there
is a scortch mark obviously residue from the fuse blowing.
i think its a gloworm system.
the system has not been used for the last2 weeks, surely this should
have dried it out.

yes

we have also bought a new thermostat, just in case it was that.
but still the fuses keep blowing.
the fuses blow as soon as they are put in. its instant.

The you, or someone with the ability, needs to trace the fault.
Otherwise youre wasting your time replacing one item after another at
random.

I'd start by putting the original controller back in, at least
everythings wired up right then.

NT